Small Unit Actions

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Small Unit Actions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spencer Sanders
    Participant

I noticed that there are supplement books for the French and Indian War and the Seminole War.  Does this mean that they are small unit games such as Bolt Action or SPQR?  I have been looking for a small unit/skirmish game for the Black Powder era for a while.  I’d love to play out small actions set in the Napoleonic Wars period.

Mike
    Participant

Yes and no.  You can play a small unit game using the Black Powder game engine.  In the French and Indian War supplement in some scenarios a standard unit is a company of 100-150 men.  The Black Powder game engine is extremely flexible and with a few tweaks (which is what supplements do), you can emulate almost any sized engagement.

But it will provide a very different game than say rules designed for skirmish games like Muskets and Tomahawks or Sharpe’s Rifle.  All three sets of rules work and all three can be loads of fun.

Spencer Sanders
    Participant

Thanks

Disappointing.  Historical is a hard sell around where I live and a few of us finally got our FLGS to try it.

They went with Warlord as the line they can get but that will limit the reach. Looks like it will be Bolt Action.  I had hoped I could bring in some interest that could eventually include Nap or ACW.  I might be able to get some into a game of SPQR, maybe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.