Ship Points Rebalance Mod (SPRM) 0.8.5

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Ship Points Rebalance Mod (SPRM) 0.8.5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Enioch
    Participant

Greetings,

A splice of homebrew, for those of us who would like to do balanced custom scenarios and competitive play:

I have been working on a massive points rebalance project for VaS, based on mathematical expressions of the ships’ combat capabilities. I’ve used the system to generate a new ship / aircraft point scale for the game, and implemented some additional rules to normalise carriers and surface ships.

You will find the new lists and rules in the attached .pdf. I am looking forward to your feedback, to help me tweak the system. Play on, Admirals (hopefully)!

———

One erratum already brought to my attention: (CA) HMS Kent should be 130 pts. I had to choose between 3+ or 2+ armor (32+ in the book, oops! ), I chose 2+ and it turns out it should probably be 3+

Also not mentioned in the relevant part of the pdf: I have given all Type 93s the ‘Wakeless’ trait, assuming this was the original intention of Warlord; if the errata list shows otherwise, I will correct it (but why?).

Enioch
    Participant

Following feedback from the VaS Discord and Facebook community groups, here is version 0.9.0 of SPRM.

This version involves a massive rebalance of carriers, with a shift towards more cost-effectiveness compared to land-based air and CVs over CVLs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.