Scouting

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Scouting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dr Dave
    Participant

Scouting on p56

1. both players commit suitable vessels to scouting – this gives a scouting force and you roll d6 per vessel / flight.
    2. on a score of 5 or 6 you get a scouting point. All ok so far.
    3. then consult the scouting table to see what effect that level of scouting has.

As this reads it is independent of the enemy’s scouting effort – although both sides might claim the same benefit? So if I have 3 destroyers off scouting, that’s 3x d6, say I roll a 3, 5, 6  – so I have two scouting points. It makes no difference if the enemy has 0 scouts or 10 to my efforts. How can scouts mask your own fleet? Do you subtract the enemies scouting score from your own? There seems to be a missing paragraph? How does it work?

Enioch
    Participant

As this reads it is independent of the enemy’s scouting effort – although both sides might claim the same benefit?

Correct

So if I have 3 destroyers off scouting, that’s 3x d6, say I roll a 3, 5, 6 – so I have two scouting points.

Correct

It makes no difference if the enemy has 0 scouts or 10 to my efforts.

Correct

How can scouts mask your own fleet?

They cannot

Do you subtract the enemies scouting score from your own?

No

There seems to be a missing paragraph?

There is no missing paragraph

How does it work?

Exactly as you described it. You cannot prevent the other player from scouting you, if they dedicate the necessary forces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.