Sample Dinosaur Rules

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Konflikt ’47 Sample Dinosaur Rules

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Attention Span Labs
    Participant

I am building out a German army based out of Neuschwabenland/German Pellucidar. The two main elements of this army are Duchess Tilda’s fraulein panzer company and, of course, dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals converted into armored cars and artillery tractors. This post is about the latter. I would like your input on these sample rules.
    <p dir=”auto”>Any dinosaur large enough to carry more than a single man, or one that is used as an artillery tow or has any sort of armor or guns mounted on it, should be counted as a vehicle. Otherwise, they are treated like cavalry or attack dogs.</p>
    <p dir=”auto”>These ‘vehicular’ dinosaurs will be rated from soft-skin to superheavy walkers, with the following changes.</p>

• Instead of having a front/side/rear&top profile like armored vehicles, they will have a head/body. While most armored vehicles have their heaviest armor to the front, dinosaurs will tend to have their heaviest armor on the body, though there are exceptions (ceratopsids, pachycephalosauri). Therefore, instead of a general rule, armor values should be presented separately.
    • Even vehicular dinos without obvious armor may be so large that, though small arms can penetrate them, the level of damage done is insufficient to immediately harm them. Alternatively, we can have smaller unarmored dinos go down on a 6+, but also have the ‘Tough’ special rule so there is the chance of them shrugging it off.
    • Damage Value represents the highest armor value as normal, but because many dinosaurs will weigh comparatively more than a vehicle of equivalent armor, they have a separate ram value. I.e. an Apatosaurus may have an AV of 8+ (Medium Walker/Light Tank), but at 30+ tons, they would add 9 or even 10 to their D6 when colliding with other vehicles. Otherwise, this works exactly like the “Tanks Assaulting Other Vehicles” rules.
    • Dinosaurs cause Horror, with the exception of their own crew.
    • Vehicular dinosaurs benefit from ‘Tank Fear.’
    • Dinosaurs take pins in the same manner as armored vehicles, but if they fail an Order Test, they Run Amok (should be a table for exactly what happens) instead of going Down.
    SenInt
    Participant

Now THIS sounds interesting…!

Attention Span Labs
    Participant

I am now thinking that most vehicular dinosaurs should just have an all-around armor value instead of different profiles, to make it easier to handle on the table. I vacillate back and forth about this from day to day. I also have yet to complete the Run Amok table.

I do have a WIP ankylosaur with howdah for my Hollow Earth Germans, which I have attached. I have 3D printed a Gilak lass to be the mahout as well as some infantry crewmen for it, which have yet to be painted.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.