Rules Careless Charge

Home Forums Historical SPQR Rules Careless Charge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tokhuah
    Participant

Careless Charge: Use: Action (Melee)
    The Hero and his unit charge forth with wild abandon, and may double their Move characteristic for a single Melee action to reach an enemy unit. However, the unit being charged can perform an immediate and free Shoot action against the Hero and his unit.

Unit A initiates a Careless Charge 11″ away from Unit B, who happen to be armed with rocks, having a maximum range of 10″. Will Unit B have an opportunity to perform their free shot?

RAW would be “no” due to the timing window and range but I am wondering if more of a covershot effect was intended?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Tokhuah.
    Gordon
    Participant

I would assume that any unit being the victim of a careless charge would be able to shoot regardless of weapon or range, though I grant that the use of the word “immediate” might suggest otherwise in the case you mention.

Tokhuah
    Participant

Other games use a similar ruling because units are running into the ranged shot. I believe GW calls it overwatch, though if memory serves, their implementation is you need an unmodified 6 to hit. I can see both sides of the argument and will go with whatever the rules gods say. I am just trying to clean up additional fodder for in-game rules arguments. It will also change the viability of Careless Charge as an option.

Tokhuah
    Participant

This question was not answered in the second FAQ or here. How can I get an official clarification?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.