Republican Romans

Home Forums Historical SPQR Republican Romans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Phil Barber
    Participant

Hi
    Having read through all the army lists included in SPQR I decided that my first warband will be based on the Iberian list, but I also want to paint up the opposition in the form of a force of Republican Romans. I was thinking of the period later in the 2nd Punic War when the Romans were making major in-roads in Iberia. Does anybody have any thoughts on how the stats might differ from the Caesar’s Legions list? Legions at this time would still consist of Hastati and Princeps armed with the pilum, so how would they compare to the Caesarean legionaries? Not really planning to include any Triari, although their long spears might be useful. Light infantry were un-armoured Velites armed with javelins. Any thoughts on stats for these troops would be very much appreciated. TIA

Steven Gusky
    Participant

I would like help with a few Punic Wars lists as well, (Carthaginians etc..) I wonder why they were left out?
    Steve

innes_neil
    Participant

I think that there is only lists for the ranges of minis that warlord produce. Bit of a shame, but hopefully means they’ll start sculpting up some carthiginians.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.