Question on Res 11+

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Warlords of Erehwon Question on Res 11+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Shirley
    Participant

Do you always make a RES roll even if the attacking unit’s SV doesn’t bring the RES to 10 or less?
    I know that a roll of 10 always fails and would not entitle the defender a reroll on the wound chart if tough.
    I know gates had a rule for this where the roll on the wound chart was halved, I dont see a similar rule in WoE.
    If you do have to always roll, then doesnt that make high res creatures very susceptible to high volumes of low SV shooting?

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I’m thinking that, yes a test is necessary.
    Like you say leaving your big beastie vulnerable to lots of shooting. Assuming your dice throwing is atrocious and you roll lots of 10’s
    😎

Richard Shirley
    Participant

Yeah I just wish they had a similar rule to gates of antares where if you don’t reduce the res below 10 then you half the roll on the damage tables.

Just going to have to be careful where you place them.

AbsoluteZero
    Participant

No offense but don’t you want your high res model to be the one getting shot at the most? If they are busy shooting it, then they aren’t shooting your other squishier units. And most of the time your units are charging on turns one or two anyways(depending on if the enemy moves up for turn one).

Richard Shirley
    Participant

No offense taken.. but I think it’s silly that a high res model can be 1 shot killed by a peasant with a SV0 bow. This is assuming the monster rolls a 10 for its res and a 10 on the wound chart. Given this game is based on GoA, it would have made more sense if the high res creatures also got the extra protection from these low SV shots as vehicles do in GoA.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I only have one gaming mate who is likely to throw a 10 followed by a 10 and get his large beastie killed.
    And it doesn’t matter what game system he plays he always rolls crap dice!

The rest of us are pretty comfortable with the chance of loosing your best model to a peasant sling shot..

Of course now I’ve said that, the first time my Barbarian Mammoth appears on the gaming table, will be the first time I too roll a 10 followed by a 10 😂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.