Print-bot to report to Mechquake, IMMEDIATELY!

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy 2000 AD Print-bot to report to Mechquake, IMMEDIATELY!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Findo
    Participant

I hate to be that guy, but the Judge Dredd rules seem to be missing a page, or at least a half.

Specifically, the To Live and Die in Mega City One section dealing with how to progress and run a structured campaign has the section Deeds, Promotions & Increasing Notoriety. That section has the subheaders Deeds, Earning Deeds, and Promotions, but seems to be missing the Increasing Notoriety section altogether.

One can more or less infer how one gains Notoriety from where it is mentioned elsewhere in the rules, but considering p140 mentions “The faction with the highest total Notoriety wins the campaign.” it seems a pretty flagrant error to miss out on how that is done.

I am also interested to see if the same error(s) are in the Comportment version. Because of this an other things within the rules that seem rushed to print or not completely fleshed out, I am a bit disappointed.

Maybe I was just spoiled by the excellent Strontium Dog release and expected too much, but considering the rules set was more or less already in place…
    Sure Dredd tightens up those rules a bit, which is something I liked a lot, as it gives each game a bit of a unique feel, SD with its fast and loose choose your own adventure style, and JD with its “This is the LAW!” style, but it didn’t really add a whole lot of new mechanics.
    I like that the campaign progression is more of a level up system than slight bonus system, I just wish it was complete.

Anyway all that tldr boils down to “How to advance Notoriety please?”

I would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Findo.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Findo.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

YES!! I saw this too…

Judging by the lack of response from Warlord (which is rather disappointing, I must say), and the fact this post is well over a year ago, I guess this is one of those “we’ll never know” kinda situations? A short PDF from warlord concerning this would be very appreciated (My apologies if there’s already one in existence — I’m new around here!)

If you have updates on this, please let me know!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.