New Resin

Home Forums Historical SPQR New Resin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Participant

How is everyone liking the new resin? I’ve become a big fan of these new softer materials. For whatever reason, I’ve always hated working with metal minis, and while the plastic kits offer great customizability, I’ve started to grow weary of individually gluing body parts and weapons. The new resin seems to offer the detail and ease of assembly of metal minis with the durability and light weight of the plastics. I’m a big fan of the limited cleaning you have to do before assembling most of the models made with the new resin.

Has anyone had any experience painting them yet? Are people spraying primer on them or leaving them unprimed (similar to soft plastic miniature lines like Bones, etc)?

Also, has anyone else been following the distribution sites at all? Looks as if the entire Macedonian line is incoming soon with Parthian Mercs and Germania right behind that. I’m really interested to see if any of the resin models in the Germanic units come equipped with Clubs. I’m still not entirely convinced that the Germanic Warrior unit wasn’t meant to have Clubs included as an equipment option.

JP Cavanna
    Participant

Personally, I’m a fan of the new resin models. I like that there is no assembly required and, as far as painting goes, I haven’t primed mine and the paint goes on very nicely indeed. Please bear in mind that I’m a strictly average ‘for gaming purposes only’ painter, so more accomplished and experienced painters may have a different view.

Nigel Heather
    Participant

When I first saw it I was disappointed, worried that it was too soft so difficult to clean up. But after some further time to consider I can appreciate that while it is more difficult to clean than polystyrene the models do seem to be a lot cleaner to start off with. That could be because the moulds are brand new only time will tell.

Cheers,

Nigel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.