Nations/armies/factions

Home Forums Historical SPQR Nations/armies/factions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jedrek
    Participant

Hello, brand new player here. I have a potentially silly series of questions:

I see several people who have put up battle reports on YouTube with armies that I do not see in the Warlord SPQR store. How do people have the Spartans, Britonians, Theban, Persian, Dacian & Sarmatian, Iberian, and various mercenary units?

Are these models in the works, or are they purchased via their Hail Caesar line of models? If so, would it also include the stat cards the units should have, or would that info be gleaned from the SPQR rules book? Also, should I require the Hail Caesar sets, do those come with the round bases for the models like in SPQR, or would I need to buy round bases because they come with square ones?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon
    Participant

Hi Jedrek,
    Warlord are not the only suppliers of wargame figures. People use Victrix, Footsore, Wargames Foundry,Gripping Beast and many others. Some come with round bases, some don’t, but bases can be obtained from a variety of sources, but I use Warbases. The cards only come with Warlord SPQR starter sets but are not necessary to play the game.

Discoqing
    Participant

My entire Celtic army (Britons/Gauls) is from Victrix, and I have put them all on round bases.
    However, if I had the chance to play Hail Caesar (or if I wanted to use my models in Kings of War);
    I’d put the round bases in a slotted square tray, so they could be multi purposed 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.