My fourth game of Erehwon 2200pts

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Warlords of Erehwon My fourth game of Erehwon 2200pts

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Matt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    InSoc
    Participant

We had approx 2200 pts per side battle few days ago. It was Undead vs Dwarves in ‘Bloody Encounter’ -scenario.
    We had basically everything on the field. Almost all available unit types from the lists with some from monster list. Dwarves had cannon and 2x bolt throwers as artillery. Undead had 2x large bolt throwers.
    Dwarves had their warlord riding a dragon and Undead had undead T-rex & undead hero riding a Wyvern as heavy hitters.
    It was tryly epic game, lots of things happening as surprise. I think this rule set is one of the best I have played as nothing is certain. For example Dwarf warlord riding dragon is a really really tough nut to crack but still it was taken out pretty early in the game… by excess pins 🙂 Also we were laughing our asses off when undead warlord (wraith on hellhorse) was taken out by cannon crewmen by lucky rolls O_O

Anyway it was truly a fun game. My opponent was coming from Age of Sigmar backround and he was very impressed by the game.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by InSoc.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by InSoc.
    Tim Haslam
    Participant

Sounds awesome.
    How many command dice was there in each force?
    Did the game mechanics still work ok in such large forces?

Anything you may want to change or alter in the rule mechanics?

Thanks for posting.

InSoc
    Participant

Only thing which caused issues was lack of command dices. We had to replace some command dice with Kings of War:Vanguard power dices. However we managed.
    Game with 2000+ points tends to be on the lengthy side but that is no issue if you are prepared for longer battle.
    Rules wise no issue what so ever so works very well with battles this big. Table size was normal 6×4.

My friend was commenting that definitely this is more “thinking mans game” than AOS. He was surprised how strategy actually matters in this game 😉

Gunny Highway
    Participant

Just my .02,
    In Bolt Action larger games we stick to 12-15 dice as the limit but if you have more units than that, well, someone doesn’t get to do anything that turn. Your limited to those number of dice!
    Respectfully,
    Gunny

Tim Haslam
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.
    Trying to gather information that will help with our first WoE event.

InSoc
    Participant

Thanks Ron for the idea. I think we will try that in our next game.

Derek Dahmes
    Participant

I like the limited Order dice idea Ron. Makes sense and nicely represents the command and control problems with many different units overwhelming the commander’s ability to manage them all.
    I must admit though, I can’t imagine having more than 15 units on a side anyway! Hehe. Cheers!

Gunny Highway
    Participant

Well Derek,
    The way my opponents play (in BA anyway) command overload doesn’t last long. Graves registration is overloaded with trying to keep up with my units getting knocked out quickly!
    Gunny 🙂

Matt
    Participant

I have to say I really like the idea of a cap on order dice, no matter how many units are on the board. I would cap it at 12, so that players don’t have to buy a second set of dice, but wind up only actually using a handful. Most dice I have planned at 2000pts is 16.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.