Image posting?

Home Forums General Discussion Image posting?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy Worsley
    Participant

I’ve not tried yet as I’m liable to lose my temper if I cant figure something out, that’s the old Luddite side.
    Do we have to separately host images or can we add them straight to posts, like FB? Is there a resize option within the forum? I use a tablet and resizing photos just doesn’t appear to be an option from my image library?
    Sorry for being technologically thick.

Battle Brush Sigur
    Participant

There is an option to attach photos to the forums directly, but they may not be larger than 512kB. I’d use an external picture hoster such as imageshack or imgur and then throw links to the pictures into the posts, surrounded by img tags (click the little button atop the composer box in which you write the postings, paste a link to your photo in there, press OK).

I’m sure the WG boys are working on making the forum a bit less ‘bare bones’ and more comfortable to use. And let’s remember that ANYTHING is better than bloody Facebook. 😉

Kiwiscott
    Participant

I was wondering about that earlier. I prefer to have the photos mixed in with my text so 3rd party image hosting is what I need.
    But since Photobucket changed the way they do stuff I need to find a new site.
    Lets see if this new one works

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/lmz16hyk5/][img]https://s26.postimg.cc/lmz16hyk5/20170205_164526.jpg[/img][/url]

Hopefully that shows up

Kiwiscott
    Participant

[img]https://postimg.cc/image/lmz16hyk5/[/img]

Last attempt.

Forum needs a delete post button as well

Rough Rider
    Participant

I tried the IMG tags and- as you have discovered- it doesn’t work. You have to copy the photo URL and paste it into the field that appears when you click on the ‘img’ button above the Reply window. The best way to get an url that will work is to right click on the photo, then click “Copy Image Address”.

Battle Brush Sigur
    Participant

Yeah, Photobucket are complete goons.

Thing is, this forum uses different software, so no BBS codes. 🙂 If you use the buttons above the composer window you’ll see the kind of code used. It’s “the other one”, with the weird brackets and all. Just different code, no idea why this is the one they go with, but it’s easy to look up.

Deadmanwade
    Participant

I have been able to post photos from Imgur. When you upload your images and then open them, there is a set of quick links on the right side of the page. One of them is for posting to websites (not forums) and that seems to work ok.

Kiwiscott
    Participant

Image test

Lets give it one last go

Kiwiscott
    Participant

Oh thank God it worked.

I really want to use this forum, but right now its not feeling very user friendly in its interface. It just seems different from every other forum I’ve ever contributed to.

Remind me, what was wrong with the old type of forum again?

Greystreak
    Participant

Testing . . .
    Test

Attachments:
    Gareth
    Participant

Testing

Gareth
    Participant

Yeah it worked.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.