Hosted My First Game on Saturday

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Hosted My First Game on Saturday

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lincolnlog
    Participant

So I played a double frigate action off the Spanish coast in 1781, British vs Dutch. The British had the 36 Gun Frigate HMS Flora, and a 6th Rate 28 Gun Frigate HMS Crescent.

The Dutch had two 36 Gun frigates, Castor and Brielle. I balanced the scenario by making both Dutch ships and HMS Flora Regular crews, but made HMS Crescent a Veteran crew. The British froce started the game 6 points less than the Dutch.

I used my 1/1000 scale ships with the 1″=11/16″ scale conversion. Played with only the basic rules. Some of the players were old style age of sail players and didn’t care for the system. The players that like fast play systems thought the game worked pretty well. After explaining the advanced rules, one of the guys admitted he would have to try them before passing judgement.

All four ship were had the H E double toothpicks beat out of them, but all the ships struck except for HMS Crescent. I will be running another game at Command Con in St. Louis next Saturday, with the intent of using all the rules.

Bob

TheMatrix
    Participant

Sounds like a great game Bob.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.