Glory Hallelujah Questions

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Glory Hallelujah Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Hello,

It’s been a long time but I’m playing Black Powder again. This time with American Civil War miniatures. I got the supplement Glory Hallelujah (I’ll refer to it as “GH” here on out). It has left me with two questionable situations. Namely…

1. Is artillery canister range 6″ or 12″? There is a chart on page 55 of GH that shows canister at 12″ but the optional rules don’t specifically say that the range of canister is longer from the BP 2ed rules.

2. According to “GH” on page 54 light and heavy woods are treated as rough ground and follow the BP 2ed rules. BP 2ed says skirmishers can move in rough ground at no penalty, regulary infantry and cavalry can move in rough ground at 1/2 pace and artillery cannot enter rough ground except along a road or trail. However, when I read the GH optional rules for Heavy Woods it reads ” Field and horse artillery movement is reduced to 3″ all other units are reduced 6″ ” This implies that artillery units can move in woods off road or track. I’m I understanding this correctly? What about light woods then? Or does this just mean artillery can move in heavy woods via road/track at 3″?

Dr Dave
    Participant
    1. It’s 12″
    2. GH came out before the BP 2nd Ed., So BP2 follows GH.
    3. GH says what it means. Artillery can still move through though at a big penalty as they seek a path through and around the undergrowth and trees.
    George
    Participant

Thank you Dr. Dave.

George
    Participant

Hmm. So, I went to my copy of BP 1ed. That came out before GH. Again, artillery is not allowed to enter woods or rough ground. except along a road.  How then would artillery enter light woods and at what speed?

I checked manhandling artillery thinking that it might give terrain exceptons. No, they still have to follow the same rules.

Dr Dave
    Participant

Hi George,

In GH p54 light wood assumed a spread of small trees younger trees with some undergrowth. Not a managed orchard and not the hundreds of years old Wilderness.

As for speed they are treated as in rough ground. In BP1 p36 this means that they can enter the light wood but move at 1/2 speed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.