Germania Warriors

Home Forums Historical SPQR Germania Warriors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michal
    Participant

Heya,

I’m not really sure why but Germania Warriors can equip themselfs in helmet for 2 denari and leather armor for 5 denari.

Rules say that you can only wear one piece of armor. Helmet and leather armor have identical stats, why price difference?

I mean, there is few more things like that in this book. Those are mistakes or there is some reason behind this?

First I got Cruel Seas with poorly written rulebook, now SPQR is not much better. Looks like no more Warlord Games for me. :X

Richard Coates
    Participant

Hi Michal,

the differing prices for equipment that has the same game effect is not a mistake, it is as the designer intended. There is a Frequently Asked Questions document that addresses this and other similar questions.

Michal
    Participant

Thanks for answer. But I think you did not understood me.

My question is why helmet and leather armor have different cost for Germania Warriors, they give same stats.

Just from purely wargaming point of view. Why pay 5 denarii for Leather armor, when I can pay 2 for same bonus? And we are talking about one unit, not different units.

Richard Coates
    Participant

Hi Michal,

I understand your question, and the confusion, but I can only answer to extent of my knowledge. They have the same effect but different costs because that’s how the designer wanted it to be – I’m afraid I have no insight into the reasoning behind this.

From a wargaming point of view, there is no reason to take leather armour instead of a helmet, other than if your models do not have helmets but might have armour and you want to reflect the appearance of the models in their stats.

That might not be an ideal answer, but essentially I’d take the helmets, ignore the armour and move on with your game.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.