French Indian War

Home Forums Historical Black Powder French Indian War

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

New Supplement “A Dark and Bloody Ground” was just announced.

Not much information on it yet to justify a pre-order. Unfortunately quality has varied vastly for the BP supplements I own.

Rebellion-Top Notch! Great reference book on its own
    Glory Halleluiah-Could have been so much better
    Zulu-Really! I paid for a picture book

Hoping this one rivals Rebellion as I already have a good start on FIW forces for another popular skirmish game. Recently picked a box of Warlord Brits and French on clearance with the intent of building up my forces to try Black Powder. Brits are probably sizeable enough to play, just need to flesh out French.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Cpl John
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    I am the author of Dark and Bloody Ground and I hope it is up to scratch. I have taken my lead very much from Rebellion, which everyone raves about, and included all the Uniform detail for the British, French and the Colonial Regulars and Militias, alongside information about the native American tribes. A history of the war is provided along with details of all the major personalities from both sides. I have detailed and provided scenarios for every major battle and even sneaked a short campaign scenario in at the end. I genuinely asked myself, “What would I need if starting out in this period” and then wrote the supplement I would want to read. If you do choose to buy it, I hope you enjoy it.
    Cheers

Aaron
    Participant

Pete,

Thanks for sharing, sounds very encouraging. I can only hope all future supplements use Rebellion as a benchmark.

Phillip S Myers
    Participant

Is this focused on the major battles? Is there some adaptation of the rules to deal with the primary unit being company sized or smaller? ie skirmishes that were much more typical of the war than the major battles?
    Thanks,
    Phil

Cpl John
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    Yes is the easy answer. After discussion with Rick Priestley over a pint or two, it does not really matter if your “Standard” sized unit is a battalion, company or section, so long as you are consistent on your approach. Without bending the rules too far I show how to use the Black Powder rules for a raid on a settlement by bands of Indians all the way up to full scale battles such as Quebec and Ticonderoga. I also deal with traditional “skirmish” battles such as the Battle on Snowshoes and others which are small scale but are easily adaptable for the Black Powder rules. Give them a try and see what you think.
    cheers
    Pete

Aaron
    Participant

This announcement really has me motivated to get going on FIW again.

Looked through my lead pile and I had a couple more boxes of troops than I remembered 😉

Really excited for the recently announced Warlord Black Powder Supplement "A Dark and Bloody Ground" which deals with…

Posted by The Northern Front Podcast on Monday, 22 April 2019

Aaron
    Participant

Pete,

Kudos! Finally recieved my copy. After a quick scan and reading a few sections it looks superb. I can only hope future supplements use this and Rebellion as a benchmark.

Look forward to getting my troops on the table and testing a few of the scenarios.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.