French Forces of the Interior

Home Forums General Discussion French Forces of the Interior

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Enquiring_Mind
    Participant

Hi everyone,

after playing as the Germans for quite a while, I was thinking of a change. I’ve always liked the idea of the French Forces of the Interior (the FFI). For the few who haven’t heard of them they were the semi-organised and semi-uniformed partisans who rose up after D-Day. There’s some really great pictures of them, plus film footage of them fighting in Paris in August 1944.

I’ve two questions: which theatre selector should I be using? There seems to be three choices:

A). The Maquis selector that I understand will be in the American Sector D-day book.

B). The Free French Late War selector that’s in the Battle of the Bulge book.

C). The late war Partisan selector in the Armies of France and the Allies book.

Also, I’m starting to think about vehicles, so apart from the comandeered trucks and Citroen cars I’m looking at captured tanks. I know the FFI recpatured Char 1Bs plus some Hotchkiss and Somua tanks. Does anyone know if any of the German conversions were ever captured and reused by the FFI? I’m thinking of stuff such as the Panzerjäger 35R etc…

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Enquiring_Mind
    Participant

Sorry, I think this has gone into the wrong part of the forum – my bad!

I’ve repeated it in the Bolt Action sub forum.

hs.schroeder
    Participant

Haven’t found much on tanks however attach are some photos I found on other vehicles 

hs.schroeder
    Participant

Interesting report here

FFI Manage to capture tiger tanks

Here’s the history of one such tank with photos of some others. http://www.tankarchives.ca/2017/10/exhibit-with-history.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.