Forum Sub mails are all in Japanese or Chinese….what on earth..

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Sub mails are all in Japanese or Chinese….what on earth..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason Hall
    Participant

So yeah…what the heck is happening ?.. all the mails I get from Warlord forum subscriptions are in Japanese or Chinese… help…

J

Jason Hall
    Participant

See…

Attachments:
    Richard Coates
    Participant

Hi Jason,

sorry if this has caused you concern. We’ve had some spam posts on the forum which were in other languages, so anyone that has subscribed to these forums will get emails showing those messages as they were entered.

Warlord Games previously had a policy of manually approving all new forum users before they could post on the forums. We relaxed this rule for the first couple of weeks the new forums were open so that those eager to return to the forums could easily do so, without having to wait. Now that initial period is coming to an end, we are returning to administrators manually approving each new user, to prevent these spammers from getting in. That should mean an end to spam messages and no more emails like the ones you’ve received.

If you have any further questions or concerns you can message me directly on the forums.

John Mathews
    Participant

The forum has been targeted by a spambot/spammer/jerk. I have been trying to bin as many that come through when I am on, we (the MODS) have brought it up with Richard, obviously new measures will need to be taken to avoid this sort of situation.

You must be subscribed to the topic forums instead of to individual posts, so anything new that gets posted goes right to you.

Jason Hall
    Participant

Thanks for the info chaps 🙂 … and your continued good work.

J

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.