Fartok and Heroic Destiny

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Beyond the Gates of Antares Fartok and Heroic Destiny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have to confess right up front–I really like the Ghar Rebellion Faction Fartok character. His backstory and how he wound up leading the G.A.R. (Ghar Army of the Rebellion) is both dramatic and romantic in that brooding, Byronic, anti-hero sense–fighting for his fellow Outcasts to free them from their doomed cannon-fodder role originally under the Ghar Empire. His evolution from lowly Outcast minion, to Outcast Rebel, to Outcast Black Guard Commander, to stand alone Darth Vader-like leader of the G.A.R. is as compelling as any other character in the BtGoA universe. One could even designate him as the “El Jefe” in a Rebel Command Crawler, I suppose.

I have had a lot of fun employing Fartok’s talents and skills in various scenarios pitting the GAR faction against several other BtGoA factions. He’s expensive, but he is worth it if used carefully, I feel. His most effective role is his “Fabian” presence on the battlefield. He is worrisome and distracting just being Fartok, lurking “out there” ready to do something bad and decisive!

Anyone out there share my interest in the Fartok character? I would be interested in your stories and experiences with him.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

Pleased to see you like Fartok! Obviously, I have used him and know of several others who do as well – almost all in distraction mode you mention! Practically speaking, his plasma weapon is perhaps slightly less effective than the standard Ghar scourer cannon, but I found that in hand-to-hand he becomes very useful and with bodyguards is something opponents worry about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.