"Elective Breaching" weapon special rule

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Beyond the Gates of Antares "Elective Breaching" weapon special rule

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luiso Bosqueviejo
    Participant

I just see the new v3 Weapons Reference Sheet and I have discovered many weapons have “Elective Breaching” special rule, like the plasma lance. I don’t see this special rule in the v2 nor the rulebook. Is there a rules change in the new Virai supplement? I’m very confused.

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

This and the new weapons are all in the new supplement, ‘The Dronescourge Returns’.

Luiso Bosqueviejo
    Participant

Thank you for your fast answer, Tim. I also wrote a comment in the Facebook group, I could not wait! 🙂

Jan Rudolph
    Participant

Just ten days left 🙂 You can preorder it at the shop 😉

Dom
    Participant

Very much looking forwards to my Virai starter army coming through 🙂

Zac
    Participant

Are the new weapon abilities going to be available as a download somewhere? I don’t want to recommend the game to someone and then tell them that they have to buy an expansion just to get the rules for a weapon that used to be self-contained in the core rules .

Richard Coates
    Participant

@Zac Elective Breaching is to do with how the weapon interacts with walls, buildings etc, in the new rules but you don’t need knowledge of that rule to use the weapon in a normal game – just use the rules in the core book for using weapons to destroy buildings. The supplement has an advanced system for how weapons and walls interact when fighting aboard spaceships and large structures. This is a new way of playing and one of the key things The Dronescourge Returns is about.

Any rules that you need to play will always be contained in the FAQ documents, which are free.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.