Critical Damage 06 Crew Hit

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Critical Damage 06 Crew Hit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Am I reading/interpreting this correctly:

‘No shooting this activation’ If the target has ALREADY activated this TURN, then this statement is irrelevant? If the target HAS NOT activated this TURN, then it cannot fire. But presumeably it moves: the question is HOW? a) straight ahead at current speed; b) can change course and direction?

If for the sake of argument, say this occured on TURN 3 of a game, then on TURN 4 “At the next activation…a Skill Test must be passed to give any orders”. IF the skill test is failed the target keeps on its previous course and speed. But there’s no mention of firing, although I take that since firing is an order, and the vessel can’t give orders, then it can’t fire?

On TURN 5 the target vessel is back to normal.

Have I read this correctly?

RichC

Hi George
    yes correct

No shooting this activation‘ – if it has already activated and done its shooting then you don’t lose out – it’s up to your opponent to try and get the hit in before your ship activates to get the maximum out of this result. The ship can still carry out the normal movement in this turn of activation but potentially not the next – depending on the skill check.

The intent is that this shows the confusion during the period of the critical effect.

If you failed the skill check then you are correct – no firing as no orders can be given.

In your example then Turn 5 indeed reverts to normal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.