Combined Units

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Combined Units

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bolebg
    Participant

Hi @all,

we are trying to restart our ECW period using P&S rule-set, before that we played for years with Warhammer ECW.

Now, we for sure would like to play with combined unites as special rule from “To Kill a King” as we do not like idea that shot sleeves can wander around without pike body.

Now, when i read rules for combined units i wanted to ask if someone can help to clarify questions as were new to the rules:

– what is purpose of “Brigaded Musket Unit”? What is its difference to standard musket unit? is it connected to combined unit which are stated below on the same page?

– in army lists in supplement i do not see nowhere that combined units are included? is this by will replacing standard foot?

– how do you present with figures combined units with eg. 3:2 ratio? do you make front of pike body with with two shot units as sleeves or you put pikes behind shot (as per pike company rules)

– the former will make huge front and later will look not nice with so many pike models?

sorry if this questions were already asked but i could not find them.

Many thanks,

bole

Rough Rider
    Participant

– what is purpose of “Brigaded Musket Unit”?

Not sure why it’s there as – obviously- it isn’t a combined unit.

– in army lists in supplement i do not see nowhere that combined units are included? is this by will replacing standard foot?

Yeah, basically instead of using the entries for one unit of Pike and two units of Shot you will be using one combined unit. You should probably be making your standard combined units Large.

– how do you present with figures combined units with eg. 3:2 ratio? do you make front of pike body with with two shot units as sleeves or you put pikes behind shot (as per pike company rules)

Our figures are based 40mm wide bases so we would probably represent 3:2 regiments 2 bases deep, 2 bases wide on each flank of Musket regiment and between them a 2 bases deep, 1 base wide of Pike. A large unit at 200mm frontage.

– the former will make huge front and later will look not nice with so many pike models?

I prefer the former but I would also consider such regiments Large.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.