Black powder /American Civil war epic battles

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Black powder /American Civil war epic battles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    frubert t bunn
    Participant

Hello there ,first post on this forum .I have a few questions regarding the rules .

Artillery … Would I be right on  assuming that the split stats page 83 ect. 12 pdr smoothbore , 3 ~2~1 means close range 3 dice to hit , medium 2 dice  and1 dice long-range , a bit thick of me but I have to ask .

Skirmishers …are these impervious to being targeted ?

Army lists in Glory Hallelujah…I am a bit lost when it states ( forinstance) smoothbore carbine 35 points then a few marks down the same weapon is 39 points ? And with the  special rules why would I want to give my troops negative qualities ?

I’m sorry if I’m being a bit thick of reading too much into this

On a footnote to page 174 i really hated ” RIde with the devil ” several hours of complete boredom however all things within were totally authentic costume,language spoken ect .

Cold Mountain … I really rather enjoyed this one , as good as the book .

I’d also like to recommend a book ” Si Klegg and his pards”, also ” Hardtack and coffee” by Billings.

Dr Dave
    Participant

Would I be right on  assuming that the split stats page 83 ect. 12 pdr smoothbore , 3 ~2~1 means close range 3 dice to hit , medium 2 dice  and1 dice long-range – yes, that is correct

Skirmishers …are these impervious to being targeted ? No – they the shooter suffers a penalty of -1 for the target being in skirmish order

Army lists in Glory Hallelujah…I am a bit lost when it states ( forinstance) smoothbore carbine 35 points then a few marks down the same weapon is 39 points ? Not sure – will have to check

And with the  special rules why would I want to give my troops negative qualities ? To make them cheaper so that you have more of them.

On a footnote to page 174 i really hated ” RIde with the devil ”  Eh? It’s great and really sinister in parts.

Cold Mountain … In my Grandfather’s words – “t’s a love story about two pigs!” It has Kidman and Law in it – urghhhh!

I’d also like to recommend ” Si Klegg and his pards”, also ” Hardtack and coffee” – Yes – HT&C is brilliant – but the books were too numerous to list them all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.