Attacking Monstrosities

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Warlords of Erehwon Attacking Monstrosities

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johngb1840
    Participant

I am trying to get my head around fighting a Monstrosity such as the Dwarf Steam Juggernaut. With its Res value of 15 it cannot be killed in the normal way but is, apparently, damaged by a roll of 10 in which case it has to suffer according to the rules of the Damage Table (to a max of 5 rather than 10). If it is fired at by a unit of archers and two 10s are rolled does it suffer two lots of damage?

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I would say yes!

I tried using a giant for my first big monster, a few days ago.
    Hard hitting but surprisingly easy to deal with.
    Once he starts rolling on the damage chart, pins start to build up and a score of 4-6 also means your res drops.

johngb1840
    Participant

Ok. Do you work out the mulitple damage according to the status of the Monstrosity at the beginning of the turn or, if it is weakened, assess against its reducing Res (if so affected)? Hope that makes sense.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I see what you mean,
    I’m going to go with, resolve the first failed res test then record those results, after that resolve the next failed res test, and so on.
    This is how my giant died,
    Consecutive results of 4-6 on the monster chart, makes him lose his base resistance.

johngb1840
    Participant

This would appear to make it more effective to attack with units of archer (many shots) first to bring down the Res value and then go with a bolt thrower (max 3 shots) to use its higher SV.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

That’s exactly how my giant ended up dead!
    2 units of archers and a bolt thrower, then on his last legs a final blow from a unit of foot knights.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.