An appropriate army set as an addition for age of piracy in Caribbean project

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte An appropriate army set as an addition for age of piracy in Caribbean project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roman
    Participant

I have ordered a number of figures for Blood & Plunder skirmish game. Those are pirates, privateers, English and Spanish forces (sailors). It’s 17<sup>th</sup> century golden age of piracy in the Caribbean. If I will expand that collection, I was thinking about getting one of the Warlord Games starter armies. I am considering ‘Pike & Shotte starter battalia’ and ‘Marlborough’s Wars Starter Army’. Could you advise me which one will be more fitting for my late 17<sup>th</sup> century Caribbean setting? Or maybe they both fill not fit well, or maybe there is another set that will?

Also, in case of those 2 starter sets mentioned above, it says that Marlborough’s Wars Starter Army can be assembled as any European force. Is the same true about Pike & Shotte Starter Battalia?

Rough Rider
    Participant

Bit of a late reply but probably the ECW figures would be a better fit. I think Blood and Plunder is set in the buccaneer period, 1650- 1680 where as the Marlborough figures are better suited for post 1700.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.