2nd Printing PDF Update

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Warlords of Erehwon 2nd Printing PDF Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Derek Dahmes
    Participant

Anyone read through the new PDF update that just came out and know what corrections were made? (and which errors might still exist) Just downloaded it today. Haven’t had a chance to scan through it yet.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I’ve only looked at the errata.
    Nothing too dramatic.
    But a welcome doc.

AbsoluteZero
    Participant

Biggest changes are the ones most had heard/encountered over at the facebook page.
    Fast units w/run orders are not determined by how many you have but a dice off(assuming both players have fast units w/run orders).
    Fast units revert to advance after consolidating from cc.
    Aura of Timidity going to a D6.

One of the surprising ones was the monstrosity table roll. So if you have a monstrosity with a res of 11 after modifications are made, you still fail the res check on a 10 BUT you only roll on the first 5 of the D10 chart. That really helps the big monsters from going down so easy.

Couple of weird ones, the divine intervention max of one per turn. I have a friend who plays Olympians and it really isn’t broken to allow this more than once a turn. But oh well. The other weird one is the huge nerf of bolt throwers and cannons. Being a Large model they can see over smaller models…but they can’t shoot over them?? So now you have to place them on elevated terrain in your deployment zone at the beginning of the game or risk not being able to shoot. Seems a very unnecessary nerf when they aren’t very game breaking. Most of this game is about movement and that is what bolt throwers/cannons do not have.

Mark Lewis
    Participant

I’m surprised at how much stuff has been missed from the errata. There are loads of mistakes in the army lists and none are mentioned in the errata.

johngb1840
    Participant

Mark, had you spotted Rick Priestly’s statement – “I have not included the Warband lists within this errata because amended and updated versions are already
    available as online downloads including corrections.” – on the first page of the errata? I agree that it would have been helpful to have a list of the changes, I have only identified a few.

Mark Lewis
    Participant

I hadn’t seen that. Where are they then ? They don’t seem to be on the resources section of this website.

johngb1840
    Participant

The updated Warband lists are on Rick’s own Erehwon website – https://thisgaminglife.uk/ – he also has a contact facility to allow gamers to ask questions.

Doug
    Participant

Large on artillery units (that aren’t Overhead) seems like a pure drawback now.

johngb1840
    Participant

Does this now mean that whilst artillery such as bolt throwers cannot shoot “over the heads” of a friendly unit thay can be shot at if positioned behind a friendly unit?

I also struggle with the fact that artillery are large but cavalry are not even though they are much taller than the artillery piece and crew.

Doug
    Participant

That’s how I read the rules on it.

Oddly enough, it doesn’t seem like the artillery piece its self is Large, just the crew members, unless there is some general “all artillery models are large” rule that I’m missing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.