Reply To: Need help making my first bolt action army

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Need help making my first bolt action army Reply To: Need help making my first bolt action army

Aidan
Participant

Here’s another rough draft of a list:

*7 order dice, 499 points*

Reg 2nd Lt + 2 buddies, rifles (70)

Reg 8 man squad, 6 rifles 2 BARs (90)

Reg 8 man squad, 6 rifles 2 BARs (90)

Vet 8 man squad, 6 rifles 2 BARs (114)

Reg  Medic, pistol (23)

Reg Medium mortar team + spotter (60)

Reg sniper team, scoped rifle + pistol, spotter with SMG (52)

Feel like this one is a good balance between historical accuracy, enjoyable to field, and competitive. The 8-man squads tooled up with 2 BARs and the “fire and maneuver” trait should pose a veritable threat on the battlefield, the Vet squad doing most of the advancing with the 2 Reg squads for support. The officer team will run around providing morale boosts for the squads that need it, and the Medic will tag along with the vet squad and hopefully get some saves. Although I mostly chose him for theme, variety, and cheap order die. 🙂 I wanted to make the sniper Vet, but I stuck with Reg to fit in some extra order dice. He’ll harres the enemy’s weapon teams. And last but not least, the medium mortar with spotter will provide some long range HE, and put some pressure on trenched in units. *Also the mortar is the same price as a Bazooka, so if my opponent takes some armor along I could swap them out *

Thoughts/constructive criticism? Thanks!

Attachments: