Who are Warlord Games
Warlord Games is a fast paced and growing company based in Nottingham. We design and manufacture in house, the models and rules for historical and science fiction table top games. Our products are sold worldwide through direct sales teams and the Warlord Web, including pro-active newsletter and website sales activity.
Our vision is simply to become the best historical wargames manufacturer in the world!
The Warlord Events and Store Manager
Situated within the Warlord Nottingham HQ we will be opening a new Store to offer a range of Warlord Merchandise and exciting Events. This new role will oversee all scheduling, organisation and management of the Warlord Events at the Head Office site. This exciting new role will be responsible for:
- Schedule 26 exciting, profitable hobby events annually at the Warlord events hall.
- Run the events on the day – maximising attendance, quality, profitability, excitement & fun.
- Gather and run a small team of part time staff to make the day a must attend event.
- Manage the Warlord Games store. Ensure the store is run profitably, enthusiastically, is properly stocked and has a team of professional, friendly staff who can run games equally for newcomers and veterans.
- Set and operate to an agreed budget for both the store and events hall.
- Ensure the store & events hall are aligned (for example the store is open during events).
- Liaise with all Warlord sales channels & 3rd parties to ensure that we are inclusive of and maximising our current loyal customers but, as importantly, finding Warlord new customers.
- Be prepared to attend other shows internationally, including Trade show.
Our ideal candidate:
- This role is ideal for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial self starter prepared to run their own business stream.
- You need to be welcoming, friendly, organised & enthusiastic.
- You will be flexible around the working hours and the demands of the events. Inevitably there will be significant weekend working and possibly some evenings.
- You would have had considerable experience managing, training and delegating to a team.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of a similar role in retail and/or events management.
- You will be a professional, a team player with good commercial skills as well as creative Marketing and Event ideas.
- Ideally you will also have a passion for Warlord Games and the products we sell.
Warlord Benefits include a Pension, Company bonus, Employee Assistance Programme, Warlord Games Discounts and flexible working.
Please submit CV and cover letter to Chris Bostock on email@example.com
Closing Date is 15th October 2016