The new Soviet 82mm medium mortar winter team rain high explosives upon their enemy.
The standard Russian medium mortar of the war was the 82-PM-41 or 82mm battalion mortar Model 1941. This served alongside the otherwise similar 82mm Model 1937. Both were very effective and accurate weapons with a range of about 3,000 yards.
82mm mortars were regarded as artillery rather than infantry weapons by the Russians and were usually massed together in batteries for battalion-level support.
Soviet Zima Force
After the rapid collapse of the Soviet defences against the German blitzkrieg, Stalin sought to reinforce his lines with veterans from the East. Their vast combat experience proved invaluable when holding off the Axis forces, and acted as a sturdy and resolute core for the Soviet army.
Stalin has high hopes for this task force, it contains everything a Soviet commander needs! It has:
- The new Soviet HQ (Winter) blister pack
- The new Soviet Maxim MMG team (Winter) blister pack
- The new Soviet ZIS-3 divisional gun (Winter) blister pack
- The new Soviet ZIS-2 anti-tank gun (Winter) blister pack
- The new Soviet 82mm medium mortar team (Winter) blister pack
- A Siberian Squad box set
- A Soviet Scout squad blister pack