Studio painter Andres is still painting up the contents of Farmhouse Assault – La Haye Sainte collector’s edition. Here are his latest models – he promises to have the remaining contents done by Friday!
Like our previous battle-sets (Rorke’s Drift! and Pegasus Bridge) La Haye Sainte comes in two forms – a glorious boxed set full of Napoleonic loveliness, and a collector’s edition containing stacks more goodies that expands on the contents of the main box.
First up today are the British 95th Rifles with their distinctive green jackets (yes, those of Sharpe fame), shown here on the resin sandpit that also comes in the set. The 95th occupied the sandpit near the farmhouse during the battle.
Next we have the Nassau light infantry, who supported the King’s German Legion in the defence of the farmhouse.
And finally, a Nassau Officer attempting to douse the flames of the burning barn! This model is exclusive to the Farmhouse Assault set.
In addition to everything in the La Haye Sainte battle-set, the Collector’s Edition also includes the following:
- 1 resin sandpit (where the 95th Rifles were deployed)
- Resin pile of dead Frenchmen (used by the King’s German Legion to block the gateway after they burnt the gates for warmth the night before!)
- 6 French Voltigeurs skirmishing
- Marshall Ney (Bravest of the Brave)
- 4 French casualties
- Mounted French Officer
- 36 plastic French Line Infantry (6 metal command and 30 plastic infantry)
- 6 Luneberg Light Infantry
- 6 British 95th Rifles
- 1 British Rocketeer and a horse.
- 1 Nassau officer using cooking pot to extinguish the barn fire (exclusive metal model)
- 6 Nassau infantry
- 36 plastic Hanoverian Infantry (6 metal command, 30 plastic infantry)
- Farmer’s wife tending young calf (exclusive metal model – she refused to leave the poor newborn and stayed with it during the battle…)
- Abatis branches
Meanwhile, you can read the full story of the Battle of Waterloo in our 5-part article, starting here.