Studio painter Andres has finished the epic task of painting up the extensive contents of Farmhouse Assault – La Haye Sainte collector’s edition. Check out the last three elements below…
Like our previous battle-sets (Rorke’s Drift! and Pegasus Bridge) La Haye Sainte comes in two forms – a glorious boxed set full of Napoleonic loveliness, and a collector’s edition containing stacks more goodies that expands on the contents of the main box.
Firstly we have the men of the Luneburg Light battalion who escaped into La Haye Sainte after the rest of their number was destroyed by Dubois’ Cuirassiers.
Next come the French Voltigeurs, Napoleon’s elite skirmishers:
Lastly we have a French officer who leads the attack on the Farmhouse under the orders of Marshall Ney:
In addition to everything in the La Haye Sainte battle-set, the Collector’s Edition also includes the following:
- 1 resin sandpit (where the 95th Rifles were deployed)
- Resin pile of dead Frenchmen (used by the King’s German Legion to block the gateway after they burnt the gates for warmth the night before!)
- 6 French Voltigeurs skirmishing
- Marshall Ney (Bravest of the Brave)
- 4 French casualties
- Mounted French Officer
- 36 plastic French Line Infantry (6 metal command and 30 plastic infantry)
- 6 Luneberg Light Infantry
- 6 British 95th Rifles
- 1 British Rocketeer and a horse.
- 1 Nassau officer using cooking pot to extinguish the barn fire (exclusive metal model)
- 6 Nassau infantry
- 36 plastic Hanoverian Infantry (6 metal command, 30 plastic infantry)
- Farmer’s wife tending young calf (exclusive metal model – she refused to leave the poor newborn and stayed with it during the battle…)
- Abatis branches
Meanwhile, you can read the full story of the Battle of Waterloo in our 5-part article, starting here.