Thank you for registering with the Warlord Games forums - here are a few rules and guidelines to make life here more pleasant.
There are a fair few guidelines here but to put it into context all you need to do is imagine the person you're replying to is sat opposite you. Would you really be abusive to someeone who is able to react directly? No, I thought not!
Even though you may disagree with someone's point of view please remember we all share a passion for gaming, painting and collecting what are in effect toy soldiers so let's have some great, civilised discussion!
Forum Rules and Guidelines
• Please respect the other members of the forum, we do not expect you to agree with everything being posted but please behave respectfully to other board members. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. (flaming/trolling)
• No swearing or being 'clever' with the profanity filter.
• Using caps (SHOUTING!) is considered bad form so please don’t!
• Be considerate of other people's backgrounds, no racist, sexist or other kinds of offensive comments – this is predominantly a forum about wargaming, painting and miniatures!
• We do not allow the use l33t or text speak of any sort. Members are expected to use proper sentences with punctuation and capital letters.
• Although this is an international forum, English is the spoken/written language. This also includes signatures.
• We appreciate that some people may have genuine difficulties with spelling and punctuation and that perhaps English isn’t their first language (Cockneys for instance…). Consequently we ask that if you cannot comment politely and helpfully to be understanding to leave the moderation of the forum to the Moderators.
• Please do not use offensive pictures in your avatar should you apply one.
• Please stay on topic. Personal chatting should be taken off forum.
• Bans work on a 'three strikes and you're out!' system but we retain the right to ban people without warning if we see fit.
• We do not allow any other advertising of commercial sites on the forum. No exceptions.This includes traders plugging their wares without first asking permission to do so. Any infringement will see an immediate ban. We're all wargamers and want to share info and ideas but let's not take liberties, eh?
• Increasingly, the moderators are removing links in threads that are direct links to other companies. In deference to our hosts, please DO NOT POST DIRECT LINKS TO OTHER COMPANIES. Posts containing such links will be edited or simply deleted, at the sole discretion of the moderator(s).
• Any new sign-ups with a suspicious looking website link in their profile will be deleted immediately. Unfortunately forums get a lot, sometimes more than 10 a day, of dodgy sign-ups from people/bots linking to all manner of very suspicious internet websites. If I delete an account from a genuine new member then please accept our apologies and e-mail us.
• Any new members that I suspect have signed up merely to gain access to our forum database in order to expand their customer base will be deleted without warning. If you join up simply to tout your business your stay will be brief!
This may seem like a lot to bear in mind but we all want the forums to be a nice place to hang out so just by using common sense and giving respect towards your fellow forum members you should be fine.
Moderators will delete posts that show a blatant disregard for the above rules at their discretion