Reply To: $40 for Panzerschrek

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action $40 for Panzerschrek Reply To: $40 for Panzerschrek

Nigel Heather
Participant

I’m in the UK so don’t suffer from any currency conversion fees with Warlord games but I still find their prices too expensive.

• In the UK you can buy Warlord Games products significantly cheaper from other retailers.
  • Their one price fits all shipping discourages me from making small purchases.  For example, recently, I wanted a decal sheet, tiny, weighs nothing but still £5.00 shipping making the purchase too expensive
  • Their threshold for free shipping is too high to encourage small purchases
  • Their special offers are not special any more.  Used to be regular and good, good enough to encourage me to buy stuff I didn’t really need.  But now the offers are mostly meh!
  • This has got me looking at other suppliers, there is one that has an ever growing range of very nice plastic AFVs

I have bought a lot of Warlord Games stuff, but mostly from other sellers because of the reasons above.

Like many I now have the bulk of my armies but regularly there is always a little something I would like to add, some decals for a vehicle, some figures for a special unit but every time I look at Warlord Games I get turned off by the price and look elsewhere.

And recently, it feels like they don’t care about their existing, instead preferring to churn out new game systems at a phenomenal rate.

It really does seem like they are trying to become a Games Workshop.

Cheers,

Nigel