These free men are taking up a weapon to fight their enemies and defend their loved ones, the new Saxon Ceorls stand ready.
A Ceorl (Churl) was a free peasant (a class of people that formed the basis of society in Anglo-Saxon England) and a member of a peasant elite. Those few ceorls who prospered could attain the rank of Thane (lord), effectively making them a baron or knight after the Norman Conquest
This blister pack contains 8 Arthurian Early Saxon Ceorls.
A Ceorls free status was marked by his right to bear arms. His worth measured by his wergild (the sum that his family could accept in place of vengeance if he were killed) was valued at 200 shillings.
This blister pack contains 8 Arthurian Early Saxon Ceorls with Spears.
Grab yourself this easy bundle to attain a sizeable Saxon Invasion host!
This bundle contains:
- An Arthurian Early Saxon Ceorls A blister pack
- An Arthurian Early Saxon Ceorls B blister pack
- An Arthurian Unarmoured Saxon Infantry A blister pack
- An Arthurian Unarmoured Saxon Infantry B blister pack
- An Arthurian Royal Anglian Huscarl swordsmen blister pack
- An Arthurian Royal Anglian Huscarl spearmen blister pack
Explore the Age of Arthur!
Personalise your knights!