We’re delighted to be releasing our latest plastic set for our growing Napoleonic range – French Line Infantry. Wearing uniforms from the French age of glory – the all but unstoppable core of the mighty French Army that swept across Europe, the French Line Infantry are here in all their glory.
Featuring French Line Infantry in uniforms this set is ideal for battles from 1806 right through to 1814 (as the uniform persisted until that point despite a new design being introduced in 1812).
As you can see from this image of the plastic sprue the assembly of these finely detailed models is easy – you’ll have them on the painting table in no time at all. Despite the ease of assembly there is plenty of variety with several head and backpack options available.
Sculpted by our own Wojtek, these glorious Napoleonic War French Line Infantry are perfect for use in games set during the most glorious period of Napoleon’s reign. Facing off against Russians, Austrians and Prussians as well as taking on the British, Spanish and Portugese on the Iberian Peninsular.
The boxed set contains 32 miniatures:
- 28 plastic French infantry (including options for adding Grenadiers and Voltigeurs)
- Metal command group (2 officers, drummer and standard bearer)
- Standard poles and finials
- Full colour background leaflet containing six flags – 4 Line and 2 Light
As Napoleonic afficionados will already know, the Swiss shared the same uniform as their French allies with only he colour differing. As such these are ideally suited to being painted as one of the many Swiss regiment fighting for Napoleon.
For those of you man enough to want several boxes of these lovely miniatures we have two special offers for you:
You’ll be needing a new palette of paints to get your new plastics ready for battle and to save you all the hassle of picking the correct colours here is a paint set that covers all you’ll need…
Napoleonic French Infantry paint set
- Model Colour 820 Off White: Crossbelts, trousers, musket slings
- Model Colour 821 German Camo Beige: Shako cover, greatcoat roll
- Model Colour 836 London Grey: greatcoat roll
- Model Colour 950 Black: Shako, shoes, backpack, scabbard, ammunition pouch
- Model Colour 899 Dark Prussian Blue: Jackets
- Model Colour 865 Oily Steel: Bayonet, musket metalwork, sword
- Model Colour 871 Leather Brown: Musket wood,
- Model Colour 878 Old Gold: Buttons and insignia
- Model Colour 891 Intermediate Green: Voltigeur epaulettes and plumes
- Model Colour 953 Flat Yellow: Voltigeur epaulettes and plumes
- Model Colour 981 Orange Brown: backpack
- Army Painter Pure Red: Collars, cuffs, coat trim, Grenadier epaulettes, shako cords and plumes.